Scott #7 country schoolhouse, also known as the Fitzsimmons school, served Scott Township residents from 1870 until 1953 as one of several one room school houses in Poweshiek County. After closing, the school continued to play a part in the community until 2005 as a voting precinct. In 2013, the trustees deeded the school to the P.C.H.G.S. for $1. The biggest cost was moving the school from its rural location to its present location just south of the Poweshiek County Museum. Through donations and several fund raisers, the society acquired enough money to build a foundation and move the school. Bushong Construction of Montezuma put in the foundation, poured the landing at the front door, and poured a sidewalk and handicap ramp. Ferneau and Sons of Marshalltown were hired to move the schoolhouse and June 9, 2014 was moving day. It had been decided to take the building across gravel roads rather than the highway because of less electrical wires and less traffic. The procession went well until a bridge was reached and it was discovered the load was too wide. A couple of tires were taken off and after about an hours’ delay, they moved on. The school can be toured by calling or emailing the research library. Several times during the school year, classes from the elementary school have had class held by our volunteer teacher, Cecily Unruh, to learn how school was taught in the early years.